General goal of Sociology master curriculum is targeted at providing integral academic sociological education and basic knowledge for continuing education in doctoral studies. The graduates of MA studies are characterized by systematic sociological knowledge who are able to analyze social phenomena, can participate in programs of social activities and conduct and manage social studies. Received qualification enables the MA graduates to be employed in all posts where professionals with sociological education are needed like senior and chief officials in state and local government offices, organizers of social research, social analysts etc.
1) knows main theoretical sociological approaches, is able to compare these and associate with empirical research ant its results;
2) commands main methods of collecting and analyzing social science data and is able to employ these in every-day work;
3) knows quality standards of social science research and is able to evaluate the quality of data and data sources;
4) evaluates social processes critically-analytically;
5) knows ethical requirements attributed to the work of sociologist and works in accordance with these;
6) knows the activities of local and international sociological associations and is ready to participate;
7) understands the function of sociology in society and is able to popularize sociology;
8) ackowledges his/her role and responsibility as a developer of society;
9) can work in a team with the other professionals;
10) is able to supervise sociology and in related area graduate students.