In the Institute of Social Studies, faculty members are actively doing research. Students are also involved in research; they are writing their Bachelor, Master and Doctoral thesis and are participating in different research projects.
Our R&D in 3 clusters with potential links to other disciplines in Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Journalism studies, information ethics, interpersonal and educational communication;
- Political and governance communication;
- Privacy, social media, internet research ethics;
- Acceleration of social and personal time;
- Audiences and datafication;
- Information processes in organizations, information behaviour.
B. Structures and processes of society
- Health and environment;
- Consumption and everyday (future) life;
- Generations, families, children’s and youth well-being;
- Social stratification;
- Civilian-military transition;
- Communities’ resilience.
C. Social problems and risks
- (Social) policy analysis, behaviour and well-being;
- Digital and media literacy;
- Socio-material change and interventions;
Conflict and violence as threats to well-being and restorative justice;
Management of crisis, risks and strategic sustainability.