In the Institute of Social Studies all of our academic employees are actively doing research. Students are also involved in research by writing their Bachelor, Master and Doctoral theses and participating in different research projects.
Our R&D in 3 clusters with potential links to other disciplines in Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Journalism studies, information ethics, interpersonal and educational communication;
- Political and governance communication;
- Privacy, social media, internet research ethics;
- Acceleration of social and personal time;
- Audiences and datafication;
- Information processes in organizations, information behaviour.
B. Structures and processes of society
- Health and environment;
- Consumption and everyday (future) life;
- Generations, families, children’s and youth well-being;
- Social stratification;
- Civilian-military transition;
- Communities’ resilience.
C. Social problems and risks
- (Social) policy analysis, behaviour and well-being;
- Digital and media literacy;
- Socio-material change and interventions;
Conflict and violence as threats to well-being and restorative justice;
Management of crisis, risks and strategic sustainability.